Pages

Skincare Saturday: Sephora Sun Safety Kit 2015, Part 2

Saturday, August 15, 2015




Continuing my review of the Sephora Sun Safety Kit 2015, today we're gonna go over the mineral sunscreens. 





I liked the Dr. Dennis Gross one okay. It has a bit of a white cast at first, which goes away, and then some shine after, but nothing too terrible. But on the whole it was pretty unremarkable? I think I'll use this up but I can't see myself dropping $42.00 for a pretty unremarkable sunscreen.




AmorePacific performed just like the Dennis Gross, except with fragrance. While it smelled really nice, I'm against fragrance in skincare as a general rule, so that knocked it down a few points. This one is $65.00, a price so absurd that I could never see myself buying a full-sized version of it. I do like that the packaging of the full-sized one touts a PA rating! We need more UVA ratings of sunscreens in the US.




The Clarins Ecran Multi-Protection is a part physical, part chemical sunscreen. The physical part is titanium dioxide, which, while a good sunblock, isn't as effective at UVA protection as zinc oxide. Regardless, I really did like this one! It had a slight white cast but also dried down fairly matte, so it wasn't too shiny. There's slight fragrance, but it's not as bad as the AmorePacific. The only thing I didn't like about it was that when I tried to wear it under my Hourglass primer, it left weird white streaks on my face. I liked the way the sample performed, but not justify-spending-$42.00-liked. 




Oh. My glob.

You guys.

This sunscreen.

I totally get why it's a cult favorite now. Out of all the sunscreens I tried, the Shiseido was the one that impressed me the most. When I first tried it, it left a very noticeable white cast on my face, but that eventually faded away and instead of making my face look too shiny, I looked nice and matte. It contains both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as well as other chemical sunscreens, making this a very good choice. Out of all the sunscreens in this list, at $20.00 it's also the most affordable. I think this would be a great heavy-duty sunscreen if you are outside a lot or live in a very sunny area. I try to stay out of the sun as much as I can, but if I were to ever start running outdoors, I would definitely purchase and use this daily. By far my favorite out of the sunscreens I tried!






NOT PICTURED: the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer. This is because the bottle fell out of my purse and broke the very first day I tried using it, so I'm afraid I didn't get to use it for more than a few hours. But oh, those few hours! I really liked what I got to try. Next time I place an online Sephora order, I'll probably pick up the $14.00 half-ounce that they carry.  

Overall, I quite liked the mineral sunscreens! 3 out of 5 isn't bad, and a couple of them were good enough for me to want to pay for a full-sized one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment