Pages

Sephora Sun Safety Kit 2015: Part 1

Saturday, June 20, 2015



So Florence finally released the soundtrack to my summer and I still haven't listened to it all the way through because every time I get to this song I get stuck in a loop where I have to hit replay constantly. Someday I'll listen to the rest of the album, but, to quote Aragorn (son of Arathorn), it is not this day.

~




Back when I bought the 2015 Sephora Sun Safety Kit a couple of weeks ago, I planned to review it in batches: physical sunscreens in one post, chemical sunscreens in another, and anything that didn't fit into the previous categories last. And then, of course, I decided to use the miscellaneous products first, because I like to live dangerously.




First up is the Ole Henriksen Total Truth Eye Crème with SPF 15. You're supposed to use this under your eyes but I'm a rebel and use it on my eyelids/under my brows. I do this because 1) I'm already putting sunscreen under my eyes and 2) I never thought to put any on my eye area, a thing I'm reminded of when an occasional freckle pops up. Lately I've been looking into eye creams more and so I've found this particularly useful.


Since it's in a jar I use a tiny cosmetic spatula that I've sterilized with alcohol to take the absolute tiniest amount out and put it on my ring finger. It sounds odd, I know. The texture of the cream reminds me of sunscreen, but without the smell. It's nice and thick so a little goes a long way. This is a trial size but I could easily see this lasting me about 3 months, even with daily use.


When I first saw this in the box, I groaned inwardly. Great, they gave me a lipstick and it's too dark a color to wear. But! That is a lie! I was delighted to open it and find that it was a clear balm. The best part? No SPF taste, holy shit.

The main thing I hate about most sunscreen lip products is that nasty, nasty SPF taste you inevitably end up with. This has some citrusy flavoring that I really like! So I'm way more likely to use it than others. The only problem I have with it is that, for me, it's not quite hydrating enough. I use Aquaphor like a desert in a rainstorm, so probably no balm out there will ever quite measure up. Nevertheless, I can always pile that on top, so: Fresh, you win this one!


Okay wait so actually, looking at this picture, I lied a teensy bit. I have two problems with this. The stick itself is so tiny that I'm afraid of it snapping when I use it, but that's more down to the fact that this is a sample size than anything, so if you're thinking of getting the full-sized version I don't think that should be an issue.

I quite liked both of these samples and am incorporating them into my skincare regimen! Which, my god, doesn't need any more steps in it, but here we are.



~

The novel, guys, the novel! I finally had a minor breakthrough with regards to a character during revision and it was amazing, like the clouds parted and the angels sang. So excited to get through this next section! 












2 comments:

  1. The Ole Hendriksen cream looks like such a nice product! I'm a rebel with eye cream too, it's gotta go above the eye!!
    Love the LOTR ref

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss eye cream rebels unite!

      Thank you! Stick around, I promise I can incorporate waaaayyyy more LOTR references than is ever necessary.

      Delete