Pages

Cleansing Routine: Basic Bitch Edition

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Here's my recent musical obsession, which I love so much and is so badass- both the song and the video. Totally putting it on the playlist for NotSylvanlight. Revel in the awesome:




~




A while back I mentioned that I was using up a couple of products in my routine. Today I'm going to tell you what they are, and why I hate them.

Now, I do a variation on the Korean double cleanse routine. First up is my oil cleanser:



I bought this...I want to say early last year? I had just read about oil cleansing and this was before you could buy cleansing oils in Target, so I took my eager little hiney down to Sephora and purchased the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. And wow, do I ever regret this purchase.

First of all, it's really thick and hard to spread across your face. You either have to do a lot of tugging or use two pumps for each section of your face. This ain't ideal for massaging into your skin to loosen oil-based gunk. I'm okay with the double pumping because that will get this used up that much quicker, but if I had really liked this? I would not be pleased.

Secondly, and maybe this is just me, but somehow I manage to get it into my mouth every time I use it, and end up having to spit it out every time. Every time! Have you ever wanted to know what this cleanser tastes like? Well congrats, today is your lucky day because I can tell you it tastes like demon grapefruit and failed dreams.

Oh yeah and it also has citrus in it, which is never good for your face.

Next up is my "foaming" cleanser, which is actually not foaming at all because my skin has never played nice with those, so I use a gentle one:



I've been using the Cetaphil for years, because my dermatologist recommended it to me way back when. It's...okay? The main thing is that this used to be the ultimate gentle cleanser for years, but frankly in this day and age it's no longer that. There are much better formulated ones out there now, and this one still has a tendency to leave my skin feeling really tight after, which I don't like. Basically this thing is really boring with a pH of 6.

Now you may ask why I'm still using these if I don't like them. Well, I ain't rich (yet) so the idea of dumping them in the trash is like throwing away money to me. I will say that I like the Josie Maran bottle, and plan on using that in the future for my one true oil cleansing love, because that one's bottle is shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment