Pages

Dream Vanity

Saturday, May 9, 2015

One of my favorite things to do is shop for my "dream home". Now, it's literally years and years before I'll be able to live on my own, in my own place, but it's still nice to think about what kinds of things to decorate it with, plus having years to plan for it means that I'll have years to curate stuff I'll really want. So actually I'm saving money by doing this, right? Right. (Don't tell me otherwise let me have my dreams.)

I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about my vanity/beauty room/Place Of Shoes. I can take 5 minutes or 2 hours to get ready, depending on the situation, so I feel that if you're going to be spending a portion of your time in one spot every day, then it might as well be a place that's beautiful and makes you happy. Dream Vanity

Dream Vanity by felicitykevans featuring a diamond rug




    Look at this thing! I don't like the idea of this kind of setup being screwed into the wall, because I would probably do it wrong and then ruin the wall, plus what if I want to redecorate? Enter this mirror. You can get it in several colors, and while it does have a logo that I wish weren't there, you could totally decorate over that with some stickers from a craft store or whatever. Find some LED bulbs shaped like that and you have my dream come true mirror. Also this has plugs in the front so you can do your hair while at the vanity, instead of in the bathroom.


    I'm not actually sold on this desk. I really wanted one with the open side that one has, but with drawers instead of whatever they've got going on to the right. But it's an accurate approximation so who am I to complain?



    Now if I'm going to have a lovely giant mirror like that, I'm also going to need something close up for detailed work. Enter: this simplehuman mirror. It's crazy expensive but also automatically lights up when it detects your face near it. This is exactly the kind of futuristic detail guaranteed to make me swoon. It's a magnification mirror and 6 inches across which should give a nice bit of space to work with.


  I picked these because they had the nicest shapes but you can get these at any craft store, really. How neat would these look sitting on your desk with cotton balls and rounds and Q-tips? Really fricken neat, is the answer.


    Everyone and their mother has a ghost chair by now but I don't care. It's such a cool way to add some "traditional" styling but keeping everything sleek and modern. My main concern is that my legs might get stuck to the surface but I guess if I wear a robe or get a cushion that would take care of the issue


    I like the idea of marking off the vanity space with a rug and this one is such a lovely color but not too overwhelming. I think the blush pink would go really well with the clean lines of the vanity and chair and the white-and-gold color scheme.

  
    My lower back is very important and deserves only the most delicately pink of pillows.

8. Kate Spade Vases: Pearl Place and Sunset Street Lux Rose Bowl

    How chic would these look filled with a few flowers? I'd probably get fake ones because while I love fresh flowers they are A) expensive and B) not good for the environment. I'm still undecided about which ones I'd get but roses, peonies, and cherry blossoms are all featuring in my design schemes.


    I love the scent of vanilla (especially when paired when lavender) so this would be perfect for the space.

10. Pottery Barn photographs: Soft LightTouch of Spring, and Glitz

      These photographs are so pretty! I'd love to have these hanging on the walls next to the vanity. They really just make me feel so peaceful looking at them, which is important when getting ready to face the day

11. Tres chic poster by TheMotivatedType on Etsy
      
      This adds the tiniest bit of sass to the wall decor and I love it.


So that's it for now! Obviously this is apt to change over time so we'll see how I feel in a few months, but I really like this collection here. What does your dream vanity look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment